Search Community

Scrolltrigger Bug

chrispreisler test
Moderator Tag

Hey guys,

I think I found a bug and I am not sure, why it is happening. I have two section in a horizontal pinned container. When the top of the container is reaching the top of the screen it starts animating it to the left. 

Everything works fine, but the section blue box seems to be hidden and then suddenly appears. When I change the width of the first box to 99vw, the box is visible and and it doesn't disappear. 

I have created a codepen, to see the bug. For me it happens only in chrome (have newest version installed): 

I also created a video of the bug to show you.

I also just noticed, that it is happening only on screens wider than 2000px.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best regards
Chris

See the Pen jOJbxKd by dragontennis (@dragontennis) on CodePen

Hey Chris, what a strange one.

I can't recreate this so I'm struggling to help here - but how it *pops* into existence makes me think it's a chrome rendering issue. Maybe as the first box is 100vw chrome is assuming the blue box is out of view and not rendering it? If the first box is 99vw the blue box is slightly in view so it does gets rendered?

I can't recreate the issue either, even on a super wide screen. Not even once. It's definitely a Chrome rendering bug, maybe even related to your video card. I've seen this kind of thing before. It's as if Chrome is trying to optimize performance by chunking the graphics beyond a certain size into smaller chunks and it ignores pieces that it thinks are off-screen (but obviously it miscalculates that). Maybe try updating your graphics card driver(?) I'm not sure what else to suggest other than contacting the Chrome team and filing a bug report? I wish I could reproduce the issue. 🤷‍♂️

Hey guys,

thanks for your fast response. Yeah it seems to be a chrome related bug, because I don't have this problem in safari. I have a macbook pro max, so I don't think it's a problem with the graphics card driver.

I also couldn't find a solution to give a hint to chrome, so it knows, that it is important content, but thanks a lot again for your help.

Best regards

Chris