Search Community

New GSAP 💚

limbo test
Moderator Tag

Just wanted to pop in and say WOW. Love the new look/style. Very fresh.

Class work. The intro really showcases the toolset nicely. Also think the move away from the greensock super dude / domain was due.

Good work 👏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Question.

Is there a road map for a light version of the docs/forums? I am (old and) short sighted which makes it harder to digest longer form text without getting the same blobbyness you get from staring at a light for a while... the option in the docs, especially would be immense.

Howdy, @limbo. Are you saying you want a light theme option where the background is white/light instead of the dark theme? 

Typically we hear the opposite - when the background is light, it's sorta like staring into a light bulb (hard on the eyes) :) 

We've got a lot on our plate at the moment, but we'll definitely keep this in mind for a future enhancement especially if more people request it. 

• Like 1

I'm working on a light mode for the docs - so that'll be along soon 💚

The forums are a lot harder I'm afraid as we weren't starting from scratch with the CSS - There are a lot of overrides in place which would make a light mode incredibly difficult to implement.

Hope that'll ease the eye strain a little.

Thanks @GreenSock @Cassie

Not a problem. It was only a thought.

Folk do request dark mode - from sites on a lighter BG (which makes sense - devs are often nightowls) — probably don't get much of a request in the other direction... Totally understandable. Would be a great addition for the docs. I realise not everyone has the same blobby eyesight as me :)

I have -10 eyesight and Astigmatism actually, so I feel you! Light mode and dark mode both have their downsides for me. Dark mode is a little more 'blobby' but light mode gives me tension headaches quicker. I have to have the brightness right down to use screens.

• Like 1

Yeah - totally the same deal. It's a pain having **** eyes eh!?.

When I look at white text on a dark background for too long I get the same sensation as you might when staring at a bright object for too long. It 'burns' into my vision. Weird one. Totally know I'm (we're) in the minority - but light versions of the docs would be a godsend, in the long term.

• Like 2

Don't want to be an annoyance, but I would have to agree with @limbo that a light version would be nice, with light and dark themes you have to get the colour contrast just right. But I think light theme would be nice, especially in my old age my eyes are quite sensitive.