Search Community

Tips and Tricks in learning and creating complex animations

Louienator test
Moderator Tag

Good day everyone, Just a thought. i've been learning javascript and wanted to master GSAP, is there any way you can advise or give tips on how to learn fast and create complex animations on GSAP? thanks. any reference/advise will do. 

Thank you so much

Hiya!

Have you checked out the getting started article?

Learning the core fundamentals of the library is pretty simple, then you can start applying that to HTML/SVG/Canvas/ThreeJS etc.

But yeah, for now just crack through that article. Baby steps!

Thanks Cassie, but adding threejs to my learning is a bit advanced, i'm going back to the baby steps and take one step at a time. But i already learned the basics of tweening. I want to disect the code piece in order for me to understand more clearly..

Apart from this what you've send, what's the next step in learning gsap in medium level or after the basics? is there any exercises? thank you

Anyways, thank you so much Cassie..

There's more than just tweening in there! Do you understand timelines and the position parameter?

If not I would still suggest going through that article, then start to build stuff. If just playing around isn't your thing, then maybe find animations on dribble and recreate them. Learning through making is helpful!

If you want something more structured then @Carl creative coding club is great

https://www.creativecodingclub.com/bundles/creative-coding-club?ref=44f484

• Like 1

I've experienced macromedia flash before, but it's just frame by frame animation. I envied awwwwards.com entries coz' they've taken the animations to a new level. But, thanks for this. I'll purchase the monthly package next week.

Cheers Cassie.

• Like 1