Search Community

my drawSVG animation not working in Safari

omarel test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Is it not compatible with previous versions of Safari?

If not, is there a way to do a falback? This could be bad if the page simply doesnt load or the animation doesnt work on someone who simply hasnt updated to the latest browser version. Most common users don't bother having the latest browser.

DrawSVGPlugin should be compatible, absolutely. And I just looked in my Safari and it worked great. I wonder if there's something else that's causing things to render incorrectly in your [old] version of Safari. Maybe try removing the clip-path or the <use> stuff? I'm pretty sure the problem is unrelated to GSAP. Can you inspect the element in Dev Tools and see if the stroke-dashoffset is indeed being changed/animated (even if you don't see it displayed)? 

I deleted node/npm and reinstalled and also just updated my mac with all the software updates and my Safari seems to be restored. It does work in Safari. Thank you!

i love greensock!! thank you for the forums being so active. So appreciated.

• Like 2