Search Community

picture tween stutters

oluc test
Moderator Tag

Hello! Thanks for looking at my post.

I have created a tween in an xml image gallery. The tween moves the image on the stage from the right and moves it off to the left. But the problem I am facing is that the image stutters a little when it come on from the right. I am not sure why this is - it almost seems like the screen is not updating fast enough.

Do you know why this could occur and how to fix it?

If need be I can post my code.

Thanks in advance!!

PS: It does not seem to be the frame rate because I set it to 60 and it is still jerky. And I am using AS3.

This almost surely has to do with pushing the Flash Player too hard in terms of graphics rendering. The more pixels it has to update (actually, the larger the area that has pixel updates), the more the processor must work. Usually the amount of CPU power required by graphics vs code execution is literally a 99-1 ratio at least. So when you're running into trouble, look for ways to ease the graphics burden. Scrolling a large image across the screen is CPU-intensive. It's even worse if it's masked. And worse still if it has an alpha value of anything other than 1. There are a ton of things to look into for optimizing your swf, and frankly I don't have time to list them all here. But again, focus your energy on reducing the graphics rendering load on the processor.