Search Community

Swing Ease

piers test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Is there any way to implement a swing ease? In Actionscript I would create one myself with custom ease like so:

post-11813-0-24424300-1340720378_thumb.png

But right now there is not a custom ease plugin for java (yet). Is there a way around this? I would love a standard ease.SwingInOut in the EasePack.js. It's such a natural ease to have, I'm sure other people would love a Swing ease as well.

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

I am not familiar with the term "swing" ease. The ease you showed in the screenshot looks very very similar to a Cubic.easeInOut. In fact any one of the easeInOut eases will give you slight variances of that curve style.

check out Cubic.easeInOut in the GreenSock ease visualizer: http://www.greensock.com/roughease/

Hopefully while custom eases aren't part of the js port, that tool will help you find an ease that suits your needs.

Yep, as Carl said, that looks exactly like a simple easeInOut. In v12, I'd encourage you to experiment with the Power eases to get exactly the strength you want, like:

Power1.easeInOut

Power2.easeInOut

Power3.easeInOut

Power4.easeInOut

(Cubic is the same as Power2, by the way)

Those are all internally-accelerated too, so they should perform great. Does one of those give you what you want?