Search Community

blitMask a complicated movieclip [PLEASE HELP]

Applauz test
Moderator Tag

I have a movie clip that is a long timeline of events.

I have 4 movie clips that are each 1000px

lets call the main movieclip timeline_mc

inside timeline_mc I am setting each section of the timeline like this

section1.x = 0;

section2.x = 1000;

section3.x = 2000;

section4.x = 3000;

now when I add timeline_mc to the stage and use blitMask with throwProps to handle the drag and scroll .. it works great. However when the joined area hits the centre point of the stage .. the timeline skips / jitters. i.e.. when the 1000, 2000, and 3000 mark hits the centre of the stage.

This is driving me nuts. Is there a better or alternative way I can go about this ?

no .. the other question was stating that when I put a large image the quality is reduced.

This question is asking when stitching together numerous movie clips ... how can we get around the jitters and skipping when the point of the movie clips being joined reaches the centre of the stage.

Ah, okay. I was confused because in the other post, you asked:

However... if I chop that image up into say 7 pieces 1000px width each... then just stitch them together by setting their X coord .. then it works... however blitMask glitches while scrolling when the point of the stitch is centred on the screen... it "skips" .. do you know of a better way to stitch the images together that I could try ?

If you could post a very simple example, that'd be swell. And does it happen only in iOS or on the desktop too?

Very difficult to say. It very well could be a bug in Adobe's compiler or something Apple-specific but I kinda doubt it's a bug in BlitMask specifically. The fact that you said it works very smoothly except at very particular coordinates leads me to believe it isn't a CPU/GPU load thing but rather a rendering glitch related to Adobe's compiler/playback engine. Might be worth pursuing with Adobe directly, especially because you said it works fine on the desktop.

i know a few engineers over at Adobe from all my years of attending MAX.. I've passed this on to them as well and they say the same thing " not their packager " not sure why this is happening.

It's a strange one

Ha ha. Of course that's what they'd say, but did they give you any evidence for their assertion? Did you tell them it behaves one way on the desktop and very differently on iOS? If the problem was BlitMask, I'd expect it to show the problem regardless of where it is run. Anyway, like I said, it's almost impossible to diagnose blind like this. Wish I could do more.