Search Community

VideoLoader-Events Bug

sebastian test
Moderator Tag

Hey, I think I found a bug in the VideoLoader-Events.

I have got registered three event listeners on my video:

video.addEventListener(VideoLoader.VIDEO_BUFFER_EMPTY, onBufferEmpty);

video.addEventListener(VideoLoader.VIDEO_BUFFER_FULL, onBufferFull);

video.addEventListener(VideoLoader.PLAY_PROGRESS, onPlayProgress);

Everything works fine, except when I want to seek my video right before the end AFTER the video is completely buffered:

Suddenly the VideoLoader.VIDEO_BUFFER_EMPTY is fired and the VideoLoader.PLAY_PROGRESS doesn't fire any more.

Also when the the video is paused and I want to jump right before the end of the video, same situation.

I use the latest swc and here is my code:

[link removed because it contained members-only plugins/classes]

Thanks for your support

Sebastian

The PLAY_PROGRESS event will only be dispatched when the playProgress changes. If no progress was made, the event won't dispatch - that's a good thing. So in your situation, if the video is paused, it would make perfect sense that it isn't dispatching that event anymore. And remember, when the video finishes, the video pauses. So if you then skip to another part of the video and forget to playVideo(), it won't play (hence, the PLAY_PROGRESS won't be dispatched thereafter). See what I mean?

As far as the buffer emptying and filling again, that is normal. That's how NetStreams work in Flash - anytime you jump to a new spot in a NetStream, it empties the buffer and refills it from that point.

Does that clear things up? I wasn't able to see any bugs, but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks for your answer. I understand, that the PLAY_PROGRESS its only fired when the progress is changed, but that wasn't exactly my problem.

In my case (see my test setup link), even when it plays, the PLAY_PROGRESS isn't fired: The video has autostart and when it is buffered completely (full blue bar), I click short before the end (let's say 0,3 inch or 0,8 cm) in the videoControlBar. The video jumps to that position and continues playing but the PLAY_PROGRESS isn't fired any more, so the videoControlBar-Progress isn't updated any more. Also, the VideoLoader.VIDEO_BUFFER_EMPTY is fired (that is correct), but the VideoLoader.VIDEO_BUFFER_FULL isn't fired afterwards (what it should in my opinion, because it still has some bytes to play). Weird, that you can't see the bug, a workmate could confirm it on his mac. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hmm...I'm really not sure because I cannot seem to reproduce that problem at all. I've tried many, many times (locally and on a server). I can't get it to break. Are you sure you're using the latest version of VideoLoader? Maybe try downloading it again just to double-check.

I use the latest version of the swc (which includes the latest version of VideoLoader, does it?)

But I figured out, that the problem seems only to pop up on the mac. I started my Browser on Windows via Parallels, same flash player version, and everything works fine.

Are you working on a PC?

• 1 month later...