Search Community

what would cause loaderMax to break?

timaging test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I'm using a script that I have literally copied and pasted in to a dozen presentations. For some reason just this week it's stopped working. I think it's working but the loader bar and numbers are not changing

http://www.taylorimaging.com/clientArea ... tWorkflow/

I haven't even touched this section of the script and it was working last week. Is there maybe something different in the latest com folder creating the problem?

here is the script from that piece:

import com.greensock.loading.*;
import com.greensock.events.LoaderEvent;
import com.greensock.loading.display.*;

stop();
var loader:SelfLoader = new SelfLoader(this, {onProgress:progressHandler, onComplete:completeHandler});
function progressHandler(event:LoaderEvent):void {
   progressBar.scaleX = event.target.progress;
   myTextField.text = int( loader.progress * 100 ) + "%";
}

function completeHandler(event:LoaderEvent):void {
 this.gotoAndPlay("2")
}

thanks,

Dave

I can't think of anything in LoaderMax that would cause this - did you maybe change your publish settings or alter the number of frames in your .FLA? Remember that Flash won't run the code on the first frame until that frame has fully loaded. So if previously you had 60 frames and the first one was very light (not much kb), you'd see your SelfLoader code running quickly. However, if you moved all your assets to frame 1, they'd all have to load BEFORE the code starts running which would explain why you don't see the bar moving and then suddenly it acts like everything is loaded. See what I mean?

If you think there's something broken in LoaderMax, please post an FLA that works with an older version of LoaderMax but not the newer one so that I can compare things.