Search Community

gotoVideoTime, VIDEO_COMPLETE dispatched seeking

HankTurbo test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

Minor bug in VideoLoader - gotoVideoTime. What I'm trying to do is looping a video (12 second video, looping from 5 seconds to 10 seconds). The problem I have is that if I use gotoVideoTime to jump to a time in the video between the last keyframe and the end of the video file, it dispatches a VIDEO_COMPLETE event.

If I pause the video before I call gotoVideoTime and then wait half a second or so before calling playVideo again it works fine (though it does kind of break the illusion of looping video).

I tried looping the video as per normal from the 1st second to 6 seconds (before the last keyframe of the video), and that works fine.

Thanks for a great Loader!

Hi Hank,

Can you please post the code you are using to loop the video?

how are you triggering the loop? are you running a time check on PLAY_PROGRESS?

a simple fla with sample video would be greatly helpful in addition.

If at any point the playhead reaches the last frame of the video, VIDEO_COMPLETE should fire. are you saying it is firing somewhere in the middle?

Hi Carl,

I've done some more testing, and it is not a 100% consistent, but it happens fairly often for me.

I made a quick test.fla and looping worked perfectly, I have not supplied it since it doesn't reflect the problem. And my project is much to convoluted to be used as a sample.

I therefore went deeper into the my project to try and figure it out. The feature/bug seems to happen when _renderHandler in VideoLoader takes too long to finish. I've simplified my project, but for some reason or another, every so often _renderHandler takes too long which results in a VIDEO_COMPLETE event to be dispatched. It seems like the _statusHandler receives a "NetStream.Play.Stop"-event, and the VIDEO_COMPLETE event is being dispatched because the video is not paused.

I've tried publishing to FP10 and FP10.2.

I will continue to test, and if I come up with something more insightful I will post it here.