Search Community

VideoLoader - audit load

HankTurbo test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

First up I would like to thank you for a great engine. I've used your tween engine for a long time, but only now started to dabble with LoaderMax.

The problem i have is that it seems that loading video acts weirdly. I give the engine a relative path to a video (according to the placement of the swf).

When LoaderMax tries to load the audit "version" http://someurl.com/assets/video/test_hi ... 5012603552, it fails as it seems to suddenly try and load from the location of the HTML, and not the relative to the SWF.

When LoaderMax does the "proper" load it finds the video at the following path http://someurl.com/folder/assets/video/test_high.flv.

So the loader finds the file, but not when doing the audit load. That seems weird to me? What am I doing wrong? It works fine for all the swf's and images being loaded. I'm presuming it has something to do with crazy relative paths in flash.

VERSION: 1.85

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi HankTurbo,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. I've used LoaderMax to load videos a few times with auditSize off and on and haven't encountered this problem.

Just for more info:

is the audit load throwing a runtime error?

is there an onFail, onError or some other event that you have specified being triggered that shouldn't?

The audit load as you probably know only loads a tiny bit of the file and then cancels itself. (this should not trigger any error events)

Just curious to see the exact error you are getting which specifies the exact url it is trying to fetch the video from.

Also if you could show how you are supplying your path to VideoLoader might help as well.

If you can't supply simplified files (that possibly just load one video) that demonstrate this problem, it would be helpful to see your loader code and the errors.

the audit should definitely be trying to load from the same location as the "real" load. As an interim test, have you tried setting the base attribute in your object/embed code as referenced in the docs at: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/041/tn_04157.html

Ah yes, thanks for pointing this out. It's actually an issue with Adobe's NetStream class - unlike all other loaders (URLLoader, Loader, URLStream), NetStream interprets relative URLs as though they are relative to the swf rather than the HTML page in which that swf is embedded. Very frustrating indeed. As Carl pointed out, you can edit the "base" attribute in your object/embed tags to compensate, but I just posted an update of VideoLoader that should fix the problem as well. Please snag the latest and greatest version at

Thanks so much greensock. Amazingly quick reply and fix. That does fix the problem, but i would like to mention that the url vars "purpose=audit&gsCacheBusterID=1305092676581", seems to be missing from the "audit" loads now (and it only happens for VideoLoader off course). This does not matter for me, but internally in LoaderMax it might make a difference.

Thanks again!