Search Community

gsap normalizeScroll(true) makes it impossible to scroll through the link areas on mobile devices.

jjmolnar test
Moderator Tag

Hey guys. Looking for someone that may know the issue and have solution. When i enable normalizeScroll on mobile devices, it works great, it s super smooth. But...I can not scroll through the link areas. Every single time i try to swipe over <a></a>, instead of scrolling down it opens a new page. Does anyone had this issue? Is there something i miss? There is no demo but i have a video demonstration:
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/28281967?key=f01513448a52f29b1d4064a809658e05

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

Honestly I can't recall this issue with normalizeScroll.

Can you create a minimal demo (emphasis on minimal) that clearly illustrates the problem? What I can see is that the touchend event is being called regardless of the vertical swipe of the finger.

Maybe the information in this thread and Jack's explanation can help:

Hopefully this helps.

Happy Tweening!

Hi,

There could be a solution to listen to touch events on links. Maybe check the touchstart event and if there is any scroll prevent the default behaviour in the touchend event. You can use ScrollTrigger's onUpdate callback to toggle some boolean indicating that there has been vertical scroll.

Normalize scroll is our best effort to solve several issues that are mostly related to iOS devices that hasn't been solved by the safari team, but there are tradeoffs unfortunately.

Happy Tweening!