Search Community

1120: Access of undefined property mc

list test
Moderator Tag

I keep getting the same error message—1120: Access of undefined property mc—when publishing.

com folder is in folder with fla. this continues to puzzle me?

code:

import com.greensock.*;

import com.greensock.easing.*;

TweenLite.to(mc, 1, {x:330, y:343});

thanks. that file unzipped fine but I don't have cs5. let's try this.

I've attached an fla with your code and the greensock classes.

if working.fla does not export and animate a red box, then there is a real issue on your end.

please try it and let me know

carl

just curious. try this:

delete your movieclip from your file, copy the mc from my file and paste it into your file.

test.

--------------

if that doesn't work, cs4 might be worth a shot, but I'd contact adobe as Flash CS5 is too expensive to be giving you that type of trouble.

also try a simple piece of code without the greensock stuff like

mc.alpha = .5 and see what happens.

-c

Carl's suspicion was correct about you forgetting to name the instance.

Open the FLA. Click once on the MovieClip to select it on the stage. Look in your properties palette. You should see a field with gray "" text appears. Click there and type the name "mc" (or whatever you want). THAT is what you feed to TweenLite when you tell it what you want to tween.

You also had some duplicate code INSIDE your MovieClip where it looked like you tried to reference itself by using the name of the library symbol ("dash_mc"). No good. I removed that altogether and posted a working file.

Don't forget to make sure the "com" folder is in the same place as your FLA when you publish so that Flash can find the TweenLite class file.

before you try CS4 can please confirm that

a) you understand what an instance name is

B) you followed GreenSock's instructions and the instance name you have in the properties panel matches the one you are using in the code.

unless we can get past this, CS4 is not going to make a difference and any further help we attempt to provide is not going to have any meaning.

thanks

Carl

I tried various things before this post, prob why found mixing of things in file thus the extra code left where it shouldn't. Renamed clip from mc and changed the naming respectively around file in as, properties, made sure com folder was in fla folder. I do understand instance name. Tried alot things before posting? Done all of that-correctly named it at covert to symbol.

hi list,

that is great to hear. It really helps us to know that the update fixed it as we can now better help other people.

that sounds like it was a really strange bug.

have fun using GreenSock there is a lot of cool stuff to do.

Carl