Search Community

Scrolling and animation problem on Android devices

VoinG test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by mvaneijgen,

Hello!

I have a strange behavior in mobile scrolling. On desktop the website is ideal for me.
The problem occurs on Android devices. I have tested this with Google Pixel 6 and on one noname Android tablet. Both devices don't have any performance problem with another websites or something else.

From time to time, the page hangs and I can't scroll at all.  Then I noticed that I can't scroll with one finger, but I can with two!
Another thing I've noticed is that I can't refresh the page by dragging it down.
Maybe someone is familiar with this misbehavior?

Sometimes scrolling is possible, but then the animations no longer work. They start to run and then they break at one or another point.
There is just empty space where they should have appeared otherwise.

I have removed all errors shown by W3 Validator in the html.
I have tried to exclude various scripts or parts of my code to find the error.
At the end i have removed all my other scripts, I have removed jQuery. Only GSAP scripts remained (and bootstrap).

The problem is also, I can only test this badly - if I simulate the page as mobile in Chrome Developer Tools, there is no misbehavior and no error messages.

You can view the pages here: 

/// I have now removed the links ///

Perhaps someone will recognize the problem immediately, because it has already been seen?
I can of course proceed as usual, with a minimal demo, but as mentioned it is complicated to test - i can't reproduce the problem on the desktop in the Chrome Developer Tools, only mobile devices.

Thank you very much in advance!

Posted (edited)

mvaneijgen,

Thank you very much for trying to help me!

Of course you're right, it's a case - as always - for a minimal demo   :)

I just searched much better and found the wrong approach of mine. It doesn't make sense now to go into it (for other users) in this thread, because it's quite an individual case. If I can't deal with it, I'll open a new thread. 

PS. One remark: your tip makes a lot of sense. From now on, this is a must for me for "Bootstrap+GSAP" projects.

html {
  scroll-behavior: auto !important;
}

In any case thank you!

Edited by VoinG