Search Community

can I use gsap library to IT services websites?

aashu007 test
Moderator Tag

Hey,

I heard so much about GSAP animations, I recently receive a project to develop a IT service website. It'll be provide many IT services to Users If they contact us through contact us page. 
I'm only using GSAP to make website look cooler, interesting and interactive. the services we offer is nothing to do with GSAP library just using for animations.

We just want to make a website that blow customer mind (you know what I mean).
I'm only gonna use ScrollTrigger, Observer, ScrollTo, Draggable, SlowMo. THAT'S IT.

So can I use GSAP library free or I have to purchase licence for using this plugins. 

Yeah, totally. You're fine with the standard no-charge license based on the usage you described, @aashu007

To be clear, if you answer "yes" to any of the following, you'd need the special commercial license that comes with "Business" Club GSAP memberships: 

• Do you have multiple developers that need access to the bonus plugins like SplitText, ScrollSmoother, MorphSVG, etc.?
  • Does your GSAP-enhanced website/game/product require the user to pay a fee to use? (like Netflix.com)
  • Are you selling a GSAP-enhanced product to multiple end users? (like a website template, theme or game)
  • Are you using GSAP in a game/app with optional paid features/upgrades?

If your website sells products that aren't GSAP-enhanced like clothing, widgets, food, etc. (IT services sounds like it'd fit in that list), that doesn't require the commercial license. It only matters if the thing for which a fee is collected uses GSAP in some way. The standard "no charge" license even covers usage in projects where only a one-time development fee is charged, like an agency that's paid to build a fancy web site that's free for everyone to use.

We like to think that a Club GSAP membership pays for itself very quickly when you consider all the time it’ll save, the added capabilities that the bonus plugins deliver...and of course that sense of having animation superpowers is priceless 🙂

Club GSAP memberships support all the ongoing development here as well, so it can be a smart way for you to help ensure that the tools continue to get nurtured in the years ahead just like they have been for the past 15+ years. But please don't feel any pressure to join for that reason. 

I hope that clears things up for  you. Enjoy the tools, and good luck with the new site and your business! 💚