Search Community

What happens when the license expired?

nguyen_hien_uw test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Cassie,

Hi everyone,

Sorry for a noob question,

I would like to use gsap in a premium theme and sell on themeforest, so will need a GSAP Business license, right?

If I buy the license for 1 year, then what happens after 1 year? will the script stop working? am I still allowed to sell the theme after that or need to renew the license?

Thank you.

Hi @nguyen_hien_uw welcome to the forum!

13 minutes ago, nguyen_hien_uw said:

I would like to use gsap in a premium theme and sell on themeforest, so will need a GSAP Business license, right?

Yes!

14 minutes ago, nguyen_hien_uw said:

If I buy the license for 1 year, then what happens after 1 year? will the script stop working?

Nope, everything will still keep working like normal, there are no phone home scripts in the plugins. 

15 minutes ago, nguyen_hien_uw said:

am I still allowed to sell the theme after that or need to renew the license?

You'll will need to renew the licence if you still want to keep selling the product with GSAP included. 

Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

• Like 2

• Solution

Yep! If you buy the permanent license you're covered by the commercial licence permanently.

That includes 3 years of updates to the files and access to the private repository.

After 3 years, you can OPTIONALLY choose to get additional updates to the tools each year for 10% of the original purchase price. But to be clear, the permanent license gives you the right to use the tools and sell your themes forever, the optional updates are only to get access to newer versions of the files after the 3 years (and access to the private repository). You could choose not to get future updates and continue to use the original files and sell your themes forever with the permanent license. 

• Like 1