Search Community

[Opinions Wanted] Developing a GUI Tool for GSAP

Moderator Tag

Hey everyone,

I am a big fan of GSAP. I've created a simple tool that allows creating CSS animations visually at https://animotion.dev. I am wondering if it's a good idea to make one specifically for GSAP. It could be a better one due to the flexibility of the GSAP library, but I'd love to hear your opinions first to see if it's worth making

animotion.dev_screenshot.thumb.jpg.641785ee0a1e55c1c9266d6fd0671ac2.jpg

Hi @ispaghetticode and welcome to the GSAP Forums!

I'm pretty sure that some users will find a GUI tool helpful. We've seen some questions here in the forums regarding a GSAP GUI.

Personally, even though I started back in the flash days I made the transition to code and never looked back, but again that's just my opinion on the subject.

The only things that should be clear from the beginning is your business model, if at some point you aim to charge users for the service you'll need a business license, if you plan on making this a 100% free tool, then there would be no problem in that regard. Also most likely you'll have to exclude the bonus plugins and focus on the core functionality, which I'm sure it'll be enough work.

Finally, we'd welcome you promoting it as "Powered by GSAP" or something like that, but we'd appreciate it if you made it clear that it's not officially a GSAP product (we can't endorse it or support it).

Let us know if you have more questions and the best of lucks with your project!!

Happy Tweening!