Search Community

Subscription Question

newguy123 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

40 minutes ago, newguy123 said:

If you're on a paid subscription, does it make any difference to the type of support you're entitled to, or it's the same as a free account, with the only difference being you get access to more plugins?

You'll be getting the exact same support! We like to help everyone on these free forums, but it is always nice to see questions asked by paid members. I like it not to influence me, because you never know the situation of the person, but seeing a user asking a lot of questions and not supporting the tools feels a bit weird, but extending our help we always hope that the person comes back and will reciprocate the support they are getting. (to emphasise, I'm just a volunteer moderator on the forum and this is my personal opinion)

If you feel up for the challenge you can always help around here on the forum, that is how I started and I really got a lot out of it while asking my own questions I started helping out others and this really kicked start my understanding of the tools!

• Like 5

Hi @newguy123 I like the kevin image btw, 

I don't think they mentioned anything related to different support as you can see in the plans comparison here, but still, you get some extra tools with the plugins like the path helper and the GSdevtool, which helped me a lot with a big project which they used to keep going back to edit the SVG inside figma and export over and over i just editing it inside the browser and that was like witchcraft for them 😂

also, it feels great to support the tool instead of just asking for help over and over idk if that's wrong but its my feeling 

just saw @mvaneijgen answer and cant agree more 

https://gsap.com/pricing/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Solution

Hi @newguy123,

@mvaneijgen and @Toso are right, the level of support doesn't change because of the subscription status.

I assume that you want to know why sometimes we don't create fully working solutions for our users, as Mitchel points is mostly a time related problem. Let's say that a user wants to create a content slider with a series of features and I'm up to the challenge. Creating a complex content slider is a really time-consuming task and, being optimistic about it, it takes me 6 hours. That's almost a full day of work where I can't address any other questions in the forums or any of my other obligations. Then I do the same for another complex problem for another user. Sure enough we love challenges and helping but most likely I will use two full days in order to solve two complex issues while more and more questions pile up in the forums and several other users don't get support. See the problem?

Another thing to keep in mind is what can be considered as support. For us supporting our users is clearing API questions, GSAP usage doubts and obstacles, but not resolving complex problems. Normally we see a lot of questions in the forums that are not really GSAP related, but that can be resolve quite quickly, like an issue with HTML structure (like layouts for example) and or CSS that is causing the problem, but we nudge the users in the right direction if catching the problem doesn't involve a lot time. Other times we see users getting into project that are really challenging without having enough knowledge about HTML/CSS/JS and GSAP in order to create what their trying to do, and they want a copy/paste solution for their problem and/or need. Web development, as any other career choice, requires a learning path believe me. I've been doing this for over 10 years and I'm still learning on an every day basis. For example if you want to become a professional in construction you can just jump into building a 10 story building, perhaps start with some wood and screws to build a tool shed or something like that and get more knowledge on the craft and keep improving. There is a learning curve for everything in life and is important to recognize that, be constant with it and dedicate time and effort to it.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 6

Hi @RobertRobles,

2 hours ago, RobertRobles said:

The support entitlement typically varies based on your subscription plan. Paid subscriptions often offer enhanced support benefits, such as priority assistance and faster response times. 

What exactly makes you say this? We thrive in solving issues for every user in these forums, regardless of their subscription level. In fact many questions by users that are Club GSAP members sometimes don't get resolved (for using a word) because they want for us to create a custom complex solution for free and we simply don't have the time resources for that. That is not what these forums are for, we're here to solve questions regarding GSAP's API, implementation and logic. Sometimes we take a few extra minutes to create a solution for some users because the issue is not that complex and said solution is rather simple, but complex scenarios and threads in the lines of: "I want to build an effect like this site, please help", normally receive the same answer and explanation I already gave in this thread.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1