Search Community

Maximum call stack size exceeded by observer

TruongNH test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hi, I have some trouble with my Observer. 

I used it to snap between 2 sections. I have a state for the open menu is isOpenedMenu and pass it to the navbar as props. But when I click many times it causes an error with the Observer. I'm going crazy over this because when stated in the navbar component it works normally. What's wrong with the Observer?

Here is my codesanbox: Maximum call stack size exceeded by observer - CodeSandbox

Please support me, 
Thank you so much 

• Solution

Ah, it looks like this exposed an odd condition where if you call gsap.registerPlugin(Observer) multiple times, it could throw an error. That should be fixed in the next release, but it's easy to work around in your demo by just making sure you only call it once - right now you've got it inside your App() function so just put it outside of that so it doesn't get called every time that component re-renders: 

https://codesandbox.io/s/maximum-call-stack-size-exceeded-by-observer-forked-mm68pn?file=/src/App.js

Better? 

On 11/13/2023 at 4:36 AM, GreenSock said:

Ah, it looks like this exposed an odd condition where if you call gsap.registerPlugin(Observer) multiple times, it could throw an error. That should be fixed in the next release, but it's easy to work around in your demo by just making sure you only call it once - right now you've got it inside your App() function so just put it outside of that so it doesn't get called every time that component re-renders: 

https://codesandbox.io/s/maximum-call-stack-size-exceeded-by-observer-forked-mm68pn?file=/src/App.js

Better? 

I got it. Now it's better. Thank you so much.