Search Community

Continue to use premium plugins

BenjaminO test
Moderator Tag

Hello folks,

My question is : How can I continue to use GSAP premiums plugins after token expiration ?

I was using GSAP premium plugins for a website. To do so, I used a .npmrc file with this content :

always-auth=true
//npm.greensock.com/:_authToken=${NPM_GREENSOCK_TOKEN}
@gsap:registry=https://npm.greensock.com

My NPM_GREENSOCK_TOKEN is now expired but I still need to use these plugins to maintain the website alive. Unfortunately, when updating the website and deploynig it to netlify, the website is broken. The problem is coming from GSAP installation : when doing a npm install, I get the following error :

npm ERR! code E403
npm ERR! 403 403 Forbidden - GET https://npm.greensock.com/@gsap%2fshockingly - bad authorization header. Please login again
npm ERR! 403 In most cases, you or one of your dependencies are requesting
npm ERR! 403 a package version that is forbidden by your security policy, or
npm ERR! 403 on a server you do not have access to.

I didn't change the GSAP version since the token is expired : 3.11.5.

Howdy, @BenjaminO. If you want continued access to the bonus plugins and the private repository, you need to have an active membership. But you could certainly just use the downloaded zip which contains a gsap-bonus.tgz file that's easy to npm install. It acts just like you did a normal npm install from a repo, but it's a simple file instead. That way, there's no dependency on the private repository. So using it that way would allow you to keep leveraging those bonus plugins without an active membership. Or of course you could use the raw files loaded via a <script> tag. Lots of options. The plugins themselves won't suddenly stop working when your membership expires - you just lose access to updates and the private repository and other membership benefits. 

Thanks for being a Club GSAP member in the past! 💚

• Like 1