Search Community

Load testing when FLVs are involved?

Nickbee test
Moderator Tag

I'm working on a video header that will cycle through 4 12 sec videos. The idea is if the connection speed is too slow to show alternate content (JPGs). Based on previous code I think I have it figured out. My issue will be testing... I think the normal bandwidth profiler in flash ignores FLVs and just shows them as loaded ASAP. Is there another tool out there for this that accurately works when loading external FLVs?

Thanks!

I tried clearing Explorer's cache but got the same results. I'm setting up a LoaderMax loader then loading 4 images, and then 4 videos. On the complete of each load I'm firing traces. When I test the images load in a realistic time, but then all 4 videos trace loaded instantly.

Looks like I'll have to try one of those tools you mentioned.

THANKS!!!!!

Oh, by the way, the IE comment was targeted at Windows users. I suspect the Mac version of Flash uses Safari's cache (not positive). Are you on a Mac or Windows? And did you change the bandwidth profiler's simulated download speed? Remember, you need to hit CTRL-ENTER again to kick it into simulated download mode.

Using windows and CS4...

I did change the speed and I am hitting CTRL-ENTER to kick in the profil-er... I can tell from my trace statements that the images are simulating downloads, but when it gets to my FLVs it's as if each one was 1K and they all load instantly. The flash piece is working fine both locally and on a server.

Strange huh?