Search Community

Is there any way that customease can be converted to the cubic-bezier for css?

david1977 test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

As far as I know no. Keep in mind that by design a cubic bezier curve consists on two points and a control point for each point as you can see here:

https://www.cssportal.com/css-cubic-bezier-generator/

While custom ease allows you to go completely crazy in terms of your easing functions!

Is worth mentioning that I have zero experience with CSS easing beyond the basics, since I've been using GSAP for over 10 years, so there could be a way that I'm not aware of.

Happy Tweening!

• Like 1

To clarify, you're asking to go from GSAP's CustomeEase to CSS (not the other way around), right? So you're in the GSAP forums asking how to stop using GSAP? :)

Like Rodrigo said, CSS cubic-bezier only allows two control points total whereas GSAP's CustomEase has zero limitations. So technically if you created a GSAP CustomEase with only two handles, you could convert that to CSS. Otherwise, it's impossible due to CSS limitations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

That is because you create a new tween each time you move in and out of the trigger. GSAP allows you to control a tween with simple functions like .play() .pause() .reverse() .restart(), ect. Check out these amazing starter guides to help you get a better grasp of the tools 

And hear your pen with that logic applied. Hope it helps and happy tweening! 

See the Pen abQQXye?editors=0010 by mvaneijgen (@mvaneijgen) on CodePen

• Like 3