Search Community

Responsive navigation issue

Mike H D test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

Hi,

I am working on a responsive nav, where I would like it to work in the following way:

• On large screens, show the company logo on the left and the navigation listed horizontally to the right
  • On small screens, show the logo and a menu button, which triggers the navigation to slide down and cover the whole screen.

I have got pretty close, the small screen behaviour seems to be ok, but on larger screens my navigation menu is still translated up and my elements are still invisible.

I think this is where I need to be using matchmedia, I have tried to implement it but I don't think I have the syntax quite right. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome

See the Pen poQpjrM?editors=1010 by MikeHarrisonDesign (@MikeHarrisonDesign) on CodePen

Thanks @The Old Designer for the pointer, I have given the video a watch and have a bit better understanding now.

I have done a new codepen, and implemented matchMedia on it. This is working a bit better, but for some reason the button to trigger the dropdown is only working intermittently? It seems to work on first attempt, but then if I resize to large and the back to small it stops working.

Thanks for your help, if you could let me know where I might be going wrong with this that would be great.

See the Pen WNYdwLy?editors=0010 by MikeHarrisonDesign (@MikeHarrisonDesign) on CodePen

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry for digging up an old post, but I am trying to modify this setup a bit and am struggling to work out how to do it. This is where I am with on Codepen:

See the Pen WNYdwLy by MikeHarrisonDesign (@MikeHarrisonDesign) on CodePen

When the close button is pressed, instead of the animation playing in reverse, I don't want the animation to run at all, I would like it simply to reset. So the menu disappears the instant the close button is pressed. I tried using progressto reset it but that didn't work. What is the best way of doing this?