Search Community

Need to get minimal GSAP file size for using on the banner

Betegy test
Moderator Tag

Hey guys.

I got a request to generate a minimal animation file for using on banner without internet, so CDN I cannot use.

I found post about old version GSAP:

I using gsap.timeline() .set() .from() .to() and Eases.

Maybe someone know how to optimize gsap.min.js (72kb) file more than it is.

Maybe could help combination of other minified files.

Thank You in advance!

It's unusual to have a banner without internet! If you're trying to keep all your code local and lightweight, you might try doing your animation with just CSS, or use a smaller library like anime.js, which is 18k. You can't split GSAP into smaller components. 

Why would file size even matter if nothing is being loaded over the Internet? 

The short answer is "no", you can't just rip out a bunch of the core. If you really need something custom like that, you can reach out to us directly for paid consulting services but I really don't see why that'd even be necessary if things aren't loaded over the web. 

Thanks for Your replies.

Yes, You right, banner will use internet, and loaded through it, sorry for confusion. But I need callback when internet is absent, and for this I need achieve a minimal file size (coz banner will load a lot of times), when CDN link will be not available.
This is additional clarification if someone need the same option.
Sorry again for misunderstanding!

9 hours ago, Betegy said:

Thanks for Your replies.

Yes, You right, banner will use internet, and loaded through it, sorry for confusion. But I need callback when internet is absent, and for this I need achieve a minimal file size (coz banner will load a lot of times), when CDN link will be not available.
This is additional clarification if someone need the same option.
Sorry again for misunderstanding!

I assume is for some sort of device that people will take in the field.  I have dealt with stuff like that with healthcare providers.  I usually go with CSS animations and using JS to toggle classList names to make them happen.

• Like 1

I'm still a bit confused - how would the banner get there in the first place if there's no internet connection? If it's a local file, then file size doesn't matter at all. Right?

If you're loading it initially over the web and then the connection might get cut later, then why not just cache that CDN content and use that in the future if the web connection is no longer available?