Search Community

Leaflet map for GSAP

EVA CORPORATION test
Moderator Tag

Good afternoon!

There is such a script Leaflet.js, it implements maps.

Question, I essentially need a map of the house, with the separation of areas where and what is located.

Is it possible to implement the same map, but only with the help of gsap, where the selected area, when selected, information about the object appears, and when clicked, some action occurs (transition or popup opening).

I found such a post, but there is a choice not by area, but by clicking on a third-party object.

Screenshot_435.png

On 4/6/2023 at 4:53 PM, Rodrigo said:

Hi,

Do you have a question for us on this subject? If so please remember to create a minimal demo showing what you got at this point so we can take a better look.

Happy Tweening!

I need an answer, is it possible to make the same map with areas and information when hovering over an area, as is done with js Leaflet, as here for example

See the Pen WNrmdQE by jenishhrestha (@jenishhrestha) on CodePen

See the Pen rYeeMw by travishorn (@travishorn) on CodePen

See the Pen RwovJRN by anitaparmar26 (@anitaparmar26) on CodePen

Hi there, yes it's possible - But it looks like leaflet is a library designed specifically for interactive maps. GSAP isn't, it's an animation library.

With GSAP you would have to create everything yourself from scratch.

GSAP also only handles animation, not rendering, so it would be up to you to create the map somehow, whether that's HTML elements, SVG, canvas etc.

Hope this helps!

On 4/10/2023 at 1:04 PM, Cassie said:

Hi there, yes it's possible - But it looks like leaflet is a library designed specifically for interactive maps. GSAP isn't, it's an animation library.

With GSAP you would have to create everything yourself from scratch.

GSAP also only handles animation, not rendering, so it would be up to you to create the map somehow, whether that's HTML elements, SVG, canvas etc.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the answer ^_^ I will deal with js Leaflet then :)