Search Community

Motion Blur not working in a Flex SWF Loader.

Nickbee test
Moderator Tag

I have the motion blur plug in working great in a standalone SWF. Icons fly in from both sides of the stage with motion blur.

When I use that same SWF in a flex SWF loader the motionblur is not working. The icons just appear and don’t even tween in.

If I remove the motionblur the icons do tween in fine without the blur applied.

And if it makes a difference I am using Flex3...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

And the hits just keep on coming!!!!

loadForCompatibility="true" worked great in the simple example I sent you... But when we set that in my flex framework here's what happened....

This is the line of code that the application fails on (I have custom classes and an interface): ISection(mainLoader.content).setAnimate(true);

This is the error I'm getting: Main Thread (Suspended: TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert Splash@5d940f9 to com.splash.utils.ISection.)

index/swfComplete

index/__mainLoader_complete

flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction [no source]

flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent [no source]

mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent

mx.controls::SWFLoader/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::contentLoaderInfo_completeEventHandler

This happens after I set the motionblur property to true in the child SWF (which is not a Flex based SWF) and setting loadForCompatibility to true on Flex’s SWFLoader. When I take loadForCompatibility out of the code, the SWF loads fine (no errors), but the motionblur doesn’t work. The objects just appear one by one as if we were turning each object’s visibility on.

The first error doesn't sound like it's related to MotionBlur per se - it's just saying mainLoader.content isn't an ISection. The second issue is almost surely a security problem where Flash/Flex isn't allowing the child to use BitmapData.draw() (which is required by MotionBlur). That may also tie into the first issue actually. You could try setting a LoaderContext manually for your SWFLoader and try tweaking the ApplicationDomain and/or the SecurityDomain.

Isn't it fun working with the Flex framework? [cough]