Search Community

Reactivation of Splittext trigger on iphone

RoryVB test
Moderator Tag

Hey everyone,

I'm relatively new to GSAP so excuse me in advance for missing the obvious. This bug seen on the attached video appears on iPhone. The source I've used for this animation doesn't have this problem, so I'm guessing there is some interference with other code. Anyone else stumbled upon the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @RoryVB and welcome to the GreenSock forums!

Is really hard for us to debug something using just a video, so please try to include a minimal demo that shows exactly what the issue is, but please don't include your entire project, just a few elements.

In the mean time try using ScrollTrigger's normalize scroll method in order to prevent the mobile navbar from showing/hiding and see if that helps in your specific case:

https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Plugins/ScrollTrigger/static.normalizeScroll()

Let us know if you have more questions.

Happy Tweening! 

Hi @Rodrigo, thanks for the quick reply. I was referring to the header text animation being reactivated when scrolling up/down. I'll do my best to duplicate the issue in a minimal demo, but because of the massive amount of variables i was hoping for a couple of different settings I could configure to hope for a simple solution; probably not the cleanest solution but because a rather tight deadline I'm just hoping for the best :)

Thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean, it seems to re-start, but the question is: What makes it start to begin with? Page load? Some assets being loaded? Scroll position? Some callback? We need to know some basic stuff about your setup in order to find the best way to help you find and solve the issue.

Happy Tweening!