Search Community

Zoom in effect

JoPed test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

• Solution

Hi @JoPed. I'm struggling to understand what you mean because your demo just uses scrub: true, so it goes "back to the default state" in exactly the reverse way as it came in. There's no "lack of smoothness" for me and I don't see any snapping either. Also...

1. Don't use transform: "translate(0) scale(1)" - that's the worst for both performance and accuracy. Just use the built-in GSAP shortcuts like scale, x, y, rotation, etc. So in your case, {x: 0, y: 0, scale: 1}. Always set the initial values via GSAP too. In your case, gsap.set("#ninja", {x: -100, xPercent: 0, scale: 0.6});
  2. You definitely shouldn't be animating "transitionDuration" - using CSS transitions with GSAP is usually a very bad idea. Just use GSAP to do the animation. 

Are you trying to have it take longer to animate in/out? Maybe just alter the start/end positions? And you can use something like scrub: 1 to make the scrub take 1 second to "catch up": 

https://codesandbox.io/s/zoom-in-effect-forked-zxtbc9?file=/src/Test.js

I hope that helps.

3 hours ago, GreenSock said:

Hi @JoPed. I'm struggling to understand what you mean because your demo just uses scrub: true, so it goes "back to the default state" in exactly the reverse way as it came in. There's no "lack of smoothness" for me and I don't see any snapping either. Also...

1. Don't use transform: "translate(0) scale(1)" - that's the worst for both performance and accuracy. Just use the built-in GSAP shortcuts like scale, x, y, rotation, etc. So in your case, {x: 0, y: 0, scale: 1}. Always set the initial values via GSAP too. In your case, gsap.set("#ninja", {x: -100, xPercent: 0, scale: 0.6});
  2. You definitely shouldn't be animating "transitionDuration" - using CSS transitions with GSAP is usually a very bad idea. Just use GSAP to do the animation. 

Are you trying to have it take longer to animate in/out? Maybe just alter the start/end positions? And you can use something like scrub: 1 to make the scrub take 1 second to "catch up": 

https://codesandbox.io/s/zoom-in-effect-forked-zxtbc9?file=/src/Test.js

I hope that helps.

Thank you for the response.

Ah of course, that makes sense with the scrub. And I never knew about the CSS part. Thank you so much!

And to answer your question, I was trying to make the out animation not seem so jumpy (hope that makes sense?).

EDIT: After testing the edited codesandbox it looks much better. Again, thank you for your time!

Edited by JoPed
Edit after testing solution
  • Like 1