Search Community

Smooth Scroll is not working

momo12 test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

Me and my friend are working on a website. He bought the license and share the Scroll Smoother with me. The js is not working ... What should I do? Is it possible someone helps?

Did he miss a file and I need to tell him? The reason is I don't want to break the rules here and share the premium plugins here. Is that possible someone send me a message to investigate this further?

Or is a special panel for Greensock members so he can ask there? He left this part to me!

Hi @momo12. It's pretty tough to troubleshoot without a minimal demo - the issue could be caused by CSS, markup, a third party library, your browser, an external script that's totally unrelated to GSAP, etc.

Here are some suggestions: 

• Make sure you're loading ScrollTrigger, ScrollSmoother, and the main GSAP file. I wonder if you forgot to load ScrollTrigger, for example (ScrollSmoother is built on top of that plugin)
  • Make sure you've got the structure of the page set up right (a wrapper <div> and a content <div>, as explained in the docs)
  • Open the Dev Tools console and let us know if you see any errors/warnings there. 
  • Create a very simple CodePen or CodeSandbox that demonstrates the issue. Just some colored <div> elements is fine - don't include your whole project. 
  • If you must, go ahead and post a link to the site just so we can look at it, but beware that we cannot effectively troubleshoot a live site, so this would only be for us to see if there's something very obvious. Otherwise, a minimal demo will be FAR better. 

By the way, your friend should not be sharing the bonus "members-only" plugin files (like ScrollSmoother) with you. Our entire business model is built on the honor system. We trust our users not to violate the terms by sharing things like that (unless your friend purchased a multi-developer "Business Green" license and just forgot to add you as one of the developers on the account). 

Here's a starter CodePen that loads all the plugins. Just click "fork" at the bottom right and make your minimal demo

See the Pen aYYOdN by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

If you're using something like React/Next/Nuxt/Gatsby or some other framework, you may find CodeSandbox easier to use. 

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions. 

15 hours ago, GSAP Helper said:

Hi @momo12. It's pretty tough to troubleshoot without a minimal demo - the issue could be caused by CSS, markup, a third party library, your browser, an external script that's totally unrelated to GSAP, etc.

Here are some suggestions: 

• Make sure you're loading ScrollTrigger, ScrollSmoother, and the main GSAP file. I wonder if you forgot to load ScrollTrigger, for example (ScrollSmoother is built on top of that plugin)
  • Make sure you've got the structure of the page set up right (a wrapper <div> and a content <div>, as explained in the docs)
  • Open the Dev Tools console and let us know if you see any errors/warnings there. 
  • Create a very simple CodePen or CodeSandbox that demonstrates the issue. Just some colored <div> elements is fine - don't include your whole project. 
  • If you must, go ahead and post a link to the site just so we can look at it, but beware that we cannot effectively troubleshoot a live site, so this would only be for us to see if there's something very obvious. Otherwise, a minimal demo will be FAR better. 

By the way, your friend should not be sharing the bonus "members-only" plugin files (like ScrollSmoother) with you. Our entire business model is built on the honor system. We trust our users not to violate the terms by sharing things like that (unless your friend purchased a multi-developer "Business Green" license and just forgot to add you as one of the developers on the account). 

Here's a starter CodePen that loads all the plugins. Just click "fork" at the bottom right and make your minimal demo

If you're using something like React/Next/Nuxt/Gatsby or some other framework, you may find CodeSandbox easier to use. 

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions. 

Ok. I will tell him to add my account there. But the question was how to share the code with you as it's a member-only code!! 

7 hours ago, momo12 said:

Ok. I will tell him to add my account there. But the question was how to share the code with you as it's a member-only code!! 

The demo like I provided above (CodePen) has all the bonus stuff already included (trial versions that only work on certain domains). There's a "gsap-trial" package on NPM that works the same way - that's totally fine to share as much as you want. Ideally, you'd create a very minimal demo (NOT your whole project) illustrating the problem and then post it here. Just hit the "fork" button in the lower right corner of that CodePen and you can edit as much as you want and then post a link back here. 

Good luck!