Search Community

XMLLoader Dynamically loading

RedGiant test
Moderator Tag

Hey great product and I am excited to be using it as a non-Animator. I just have a question a on a line of code that I have frequently seen on forums and tutorials.

I am creating a video loader/player right now for my portfolio. I wanted to take full advantage of the XMLLoader and dynamically load my Loaders. Started to follow the tutorial http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/ac ... e-premium/ . This tutorial basically does just that. I was having success with being able to retrieve my XML. However I get to this line:

var queue:LoaderMax = LoaderMax.getLoader("assetLoader");

and it throws me this error:

1118: Implicit coercion of a value with static type com.greensock.loading.core:LoaderCore to a possibly unrelated type com.greensock.loading:LoaderMax.

So instead I just casted it as LoaderMax like below. And now it works fine. My question is, 'Is there any way to do this without having to cast it to LoaderMax?'. I know this sounds petty, but I just want to do it like everyone else I have seen on the internet.

var queue:LoaderMax = LoaderMax.getLoader("assetLoader") as LoaderMax;

XML Code that is being used`.

oh dear...

finally solved the problem ! thanks so much. and i'm glad i searched this forum ;)

"It sounds like you must be using a very old version of LoaderMax"

it seems there was a corrupt or even old version up the last couple of weeks, since i just very recently downloaded the package, assuming, the "download as3" button link to the same file throughout the page. the rar archive file was also corrupt.

anyway now it works and the archive i downloaded is fine.

thanks again