Search Community

Markers are not in the right position

kRYstall9 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo,

Hi. I'm having some trouble with the scrollTr igger plugin and, because of that, I'm not able to make any animation.

1455931763_Screenshot2022-09-08150820.png.2f99d9c26e33aa04e327cef9dd50cf4f.png

1587923_Screenshot2022-09-08150806.png.0d7777c1bbd301f168f2f8072da5bffa.png

741887908_Screenshot2022-09-08160615-min.thumb.png.f790dca2d9853bda119ded18e38e8d94.png

I have no idea why I cannot see the marker on top of the container. Can anybody help me understand why this is happening?It seems like the markers are not on the top of the .demoman container, but they're at the top of the container that contains everything

• kRYstall9 changed the title to Markers are not in the right position

It's pretty tough to troubleshoot without a minimal demo - the issue could be caused by CSS, markup, a third party library, your browser, an external script that's totally unrelated to GSAP, etc. Would you please provide a very simple CodePen or CodeSandbox that demonstrates the issue? 

Please don't include your whole project. Just some colored <div> elements and the GSAP code is best (avoid frameworks if possible). See if you can recreate the issue with as few dependancies as possible. If not, incrementally add code bit by bit until it breaks. Usually people solve their own issues during this process! If not, then at least we have a reduced test case which greatly increases your chances of getting a relevant answer.

Here's a starter CodePen that loads all the plugins. Just click "fork" at the bottom right and make your minimal demo

See the Pen aYYOdN by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

If you're using something like React/Next/Nuxt/Gatsby or some other framework, you may find CodeSandbox easier to use. 

Once we see an isolated demo, we'll do our best to jump in and help with your GSAP-specific questions. 

@SteveS This is what I mean. The video I linked show exactly what  I mean. As you can see, even if I said that the markers should be on the top part of the container called "demoman", they're stuck on the top of the page. So, the animation just starts when the page loads, and not when the "scroller-start" pass through the start point. I hope I've well explained what the issue is

The issue could be in the fact that the ScrollTrigger instance is created while the planet preloader (nice work by the way!!! 👍) and the content is not rendered in the screen yet, so at that point the position of the target element is zero pixels from the top of the view port. You have to find a way to run your code after the elements are in their final position.

What are we talking about here, React, Vue, Svelte, Vanilla JS or something else?

Happy Tweening!!!

• Solution

You should check the positions of your trigger elements using getBoundingClientRect():

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Element/getBoundingClientRect

Also wait until everything is loaded and rendered in order to create your ScrollTrigger instance. @Cassie made this video with Jake about this particular subject that should result very helpful:

Happy Tweening!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/9/2022 at 4:46 AM, Rodrigo said:

You should check the positions of your trigger elements using getBoundingClientRect():

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Element/getBoundingClientRect

Also wait until everything is loaded and rendered in order to create your ScrollTrigger instance. @Cassie made this video with Jake about this particular subject that should result very helpful:

Happy Tweening!!!

Thanks for the video link. I am glad I found your post. I was searching for the https://letsgradeit.com/review/essayrepublic/ website online and when I was searching for it online, I found your post link. I want to hire an essay writer and that is why I was searching for that website link.

Thanks for the video link.

• Like 1