Search Community

Club Greensock [business] Does token supports 2 devices for 1 dev?

gesjaa test
Moderator Tag

Hey there!

No, it's a per-developer cost. So only one token is need for every developer that will be using GSAP. If you have four developers and only one will be using GSAP, you only need one token. (Even if they have 10 computers)

Look forward to seeing you on the members roster soon,

Yep, our entire business model is based on the honor system. We don't require that you register each device or site/app and we don't place any limits on the number of sites you can use the tools in. We believe that when we treat our customers the way we'd want to be treated, the respect we offer them will be reciprocated. So like Cassie said, just get a license according to the number of developers that may use GSAP on your end. 👍

Welcome aboard in advance! 🥳

• 1 year later...

Hi @Studio Soaked and welcome to the GSAP Forums!

Yes, you can use the bonus tools in as many projects for as many clients as you want. Is important to note that after your club membership expires nothing will break, your sites will keep working since we don't inject phone home scripts in the files, as Jack mentioned above. You just won't have access to any updates on the bonus tools, that's all.

If you have further questions on this subject let us know.

Happy Tweening!

11 hours ago, Studio Soaked said:

Hi! I was wondering about the usage of your tool. I want to use this Webflow text interaction https://webflow.com/made-in-webflow/website/Text-Reveal-Animations-on-Scroll on a client's website, but I am the only developer. Can I use (and re-use) my own token for all my clients projects?  Thanks for reply!

Just to be clear, when you use the tools in Webflow, you'd just use the normal JavaScript files (downloaded in the ZIP) - the token is only necessary for using the private NPM registry. 

Your license covers an unlimited number of your work products while it’s active, like Rodrigo said. The only caveat is that it covers your unedited work, meaning that if your clients/customers want to make any changes, they should get their own license. Otherwise, it’d make it easy for a huge company to circumvent the license by hiring a freelancer to start a project and then take it in-house and piggy-back on that single-developer license without getting their own license for their numerous developers. See what I mean? 

And please don't share the bonus plugins in cloneables which would make it easy for other developers to piggy-back on your membership. It's totally fine to use them in your custom projects for clients of course. 👍