Search Community

onComplete for loaders

Eckstein1 test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I'm creating an animation. It keeps it's language specific parts in separate files. So first I detect the computer's language and try to load the file. If it doesn't exist I always load the default English file.

I try to realize this by URL and alternateURL. So the computer's language file I populate in the URL and the English filename I populate in alternateURL. If the specific file doesn't exist the onError and onComplete function is called. Now it sucessfully loads the alternateURL and calls the onComplete again. I'm wondering why the onComplete is called twice. I expected it to be called just once after the successful load.

Is my expectation wrong or am I using the URL/alternateURL in a context it should not get used.

Uli

I suspect there's something wrong in your code - I just tested it and onComplete does NOT get called when the first URL fails. If you think that's incorrect, please post a sample FLA that demonstrates it being called twice so that we can publish it and see for ourselves. I couldn't recreate the issue at all.

Make sure you're running the latest version too. http://www.LoaderMax.com