Search Community

Cursor Mouse Effects

mrtsrds test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by OSUblake,

• Solution

Hi mrtsrds,

We don't make the stuff on the showcase page, so of course we don't know how everything is done. I can tell you that effect is done with shaders, which uses a completely different programming language (GLSL). 

Someone copied some of the code here, but of course you should ask for permission from the original author before trying to use it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OSUblake said:

Hi mrtsrds,

We don't make the stuff on the showcase page, so of course we don't know how everything is done. I can tell you that effect is done with shaders, which uses a completely different programming language (GLSL). 

Someone copied some of the code here, but of course you should ask for permission from the original author before trying to use it.

Thank you. It will be a good start for me. I can find out by examining this code.

@OSUblake Hi again. I did the work I wanted to do because of you. I just have one problem left and I couldn't solve it. I added a canvas to my website, but I'm having a z-index problem. When I use the pointer-events:none code, I cannot select the posts. A website solved the problem I mentioned. But I didn't know how to do it.

My Example Url :

See the Pen wvPNyaO by mrtsiradisi (@mrtsiradisi) on CodePen

I'm pretty certain that you're going to want to have z-index: -1 on the canvas so that it's underneath all your content.  Either that or just add pointer-events:none on the canvas itself.

- Also, just a little reminder that these forums are for GSAP specific questions. We can't be providing help with styling and third party libraries here.

Good luck with your project!

• Like 1