Search Community

60 second promo

knockd0ut test
Moderator Tag

Hi Greensock,

Im just wondering if you could explain how you tweened and created the animations for the 60 second promo. In particular I was interested how you clear the stage and make things reappear. How do you do this with simple actionscript? If this is a noob questions can you give me some hints to lead me in the right direction? Ive scoured my tutorials and have yet to find one that tells me how to dynamically create text and then clear the stage and add more. Thanks.

You're talking about the animation towards the top of the home page at greensock.com, right? If you're a "Shockingly Green" or corporate Club GreenSock member, just shoot me an e-mail request and I'd be happy to send you the source files for that. If not, the concept is basically that all my assets are there on frame 1, but I set the "visible" property of all but the current screen to false. That way Flash doesn't have to worry about it in terms of rendering which almost always requires the most CPU power.

Actually, I wrapped each screen's intro and outro animation in separate TimelineLite instances and dropped those into a master TimelineLite. That made it very clean and easy to build because I could call things like:

masterTimeline.append( slide1.animateIn() );
masterTimeline.append( slide1.animateOut(), 5);
masterTimeline.append( slide2.animateIn(), -1);
masterTimeline.append( slide2.animateOut(), 5);

And in each slide's animation, I'd control the visible property. So in the animateIn() TimelineLite, the first tween would set visible to true. And the last tween in the animateOut() would set it to false.

Hope that helps.