Search Community

Pre and Post Method while Tweening

Dece test
Moderator Tag

Hi All,

I have a requirement where I need to execute a method prior to each tween step and another method right after that tween step.

So in essence, if my Tweenlite object is going to step through a series of tweens, I want to be able to run some method right before and right after each tween step.

Going through TweenLite documentation, I found an option that I could use: onUpdate: methodName

However, this only partly solves the problem.

Any suggestions.

Thanks a lot,

Dece

If you need to run logic before and after each update, it sounds like there may be a problem with the way you're structuring your app. I couldn't say for sure without seeing your code or hearing what exactly you're trying to accomplish, but I simply can't imagine a scenario that couldn't be accomplished another more efficient way (like by recording values in your onUpdate for comparison the next time or something). Running a method before and after every update could really start to negatively impact performance. Feel free to explain your situation further or post sample code (please keep it as simplified and streamlined as possible)