Search Community

Access of undefined property plugins in TweenPlugin

peterPotter test
Moderator Tag

I just opened one of my older projects (AS3) to make a change for a client, and I am getting the following error:

1119: Access of possibly undefined property plugins through a reference with static type Class.

I am using the older gs package (probably version 10), not the new greensock package. Can I download the gs package somewhere, I am thinking that might fix the error, since one of the files in the gs package I have might be corrupted.

Note that I am using TweenGroup extensively. Therefore, I cannot change all my code to use v11.

Thanks very much.

Thanks very much, Jack. That worked.

On another, I read your interview at tutsplus.com (great interview--very inspirational; you are a humble young man), and I had a question for you:

Which AS3 and/or Flash books were most beneficial to you as a developer, particularly since you were not schooled as a programmer?

Here is the link for the great interview, if anyone else needs a bit of inspiration and a good read. You will learn more about Jack:

http://active.tutsplus.com/articles/int ... greensock/

Thanks.

Which AS3 and/or Flash books were most beneficial to you as a developer, particularly since you were not schooled as a programmer?

By far the best book (for me) was Keith Peters' Foundation ActionScript Animation (there are AS2 and AS3 versions). http://www.amazon.com/Keith-Peters/e/B0 ... 861&sr=8-1

Thanks for posting a link to the interview by the way (and for the kind words).

Thanks for sharing, Jack. What about AS3 OOP books? Any of those you want to recommend?

I am happy to post the link, I wish all users of the greensock library get a chance to read the interview.

Also, does motionBlur not work with textFields. Whenever I add motionBlur to my textfields, they just jump to the location and do not show motionBlur, nor do they show the regular slide animation.

Here:

//productOverview2 is a movieClip with a textField

TweenLite.to(productOverview2, 1, {x:"-30", motionBlur:true, ease:Expo.easeOut});

What about AS3 OOP books? Any of those you want to recommend?

Frankly I'm not a big reader so I don't have a large selection by which to judge. But Colin Moock's stuff seems comprehensive.

Also, does motionBlur not work with textFields. Whenever I add motionBlur to my textfields, they just jump to the location and do not show motionBlur, nor do they show the regular slide animation.

Sure, motionBlur should work with TextFields fine (you can see it in action in the SplitTextField demo at http://www.greensock.com/splittextfield/) - I wonder if you just forgot to embed the fonts in your TextField.