Search Community

Stack dump then crash with TweenMax

chrispeck1 test
Moderator Tag

I have a strange error occuring when using TweenMax v10.09

I have isolated the problem to the following lines of code:

//--------------------------------------

import com.greensock.TweenMax;

TweenMax.to(square1, 0.5, { colorMatrixFilter:{saturation: 0.25}} );//square1 is just a movieclip name of a movieclip on the main timeline

//--------------------------------------

It doesn't look as though it could be simpler but when I compile it, I get a long stack dump and then:

VerifyError: Error #1030: Stack depth is unbalanced. 2 != 1.

at global$init()

at tweentest_fla::MainTimeline/frame2()

Strangely, it only occurs if 'Omit Trace Actions' is ticked in publish settings. Also, it didn't use to occur. Recently I've upgraded to CS5 and in my perplexity I wonder whether that has anything to do with things.

I've updated to the latest release of TweenMax etc. and the error doesn't occur, but, I have a fair whack of code live published

with v10.09 and wonder how reliable these files are now? Thing is, the stack dump appears to crash my browser....

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there an explanation?

best regards

Chris.

It's a bug in Flash, and it was worked around a LOOOOOONG time ago in version 10.1. :)

Of course I highly recommend version 11 because there were a TON of improvements, but I've attached the last version of 10 before 11 came out.

For the record, v11 is mostly backward-compatible with a few exceptions that are detailed on the release page at http://www.greensock.com/v11/