Search Community

ScrollTrigger issue: Three.js object won't get back to it's initial state on mobile.

danosaur test
Moderator Tag

Hey dear Greensock community! Please let me demonstrate my scroll trigger issue here: https://www.loom.com/share/ec4e84db15d846119f13d7e85fdb340b
Unfortunately I can't provide any codepens. But you may have come across a similar issue.
Everything works perfectly on desktop but the animation becomes very jittery and out of hand on mobile. I tested it on an actual phone as well, not only in the Xcode simulator. When I try to scrub the animation, the object doesn't move back to its initial state or it jumps back and forth.
Any help or advice is appreciated :)

this.tl = gsap.timeline({

scrollTrigger: {

trigger: ".container",

start: "top top", 

end: "+=900", 

scrub: 1.5, 

}

});

this.tl.to(this.model.rotation, { y: -3})

.to(this.model.position, { x: 25, y: 4}, "<")

Welcome to the forums, @danosaur

It's super difficult to troubleshoot blind (well, with just a video and a small code snippet) but my guess is that it's related to the fact that your viewport is changing sizes a lot when the chrome shows/hides based on your scroll direction. By default, ScrollTrigger waits until scrolling ends before it does a .refresh(). You can disable the refresh() on resize if you prefer - just use the ScrollTrigger.config() method for that. 

If you need more help, just post a minimal demo and we'd be happy to take a peek. 

Good luck!