Search Community

how do you do muliple tween after each other?

matthy test
Moderator Tag

Hi, i am new to tweenMax and i am trying to make a sort of ligth flashbulb.

what ive got is:

var myTween:TweenMax = new TweenMax(emmer, 4, {delay:0, glowFilter:{color:0x00A4FF, alpha:1, blurX:100, blurY:100, strength:10, quality:3}});
myTween.play();	

what works is that is glowsUp but it stay's glowing what i dont want.

i know you have a option to tell him to remove the glow after its finished. But i want the glow to stay for like 5 seconds and then smoothly shrink like it smoothly is growing now at the start. i have seen things like reverse but i don't really know how to use it all especialy because it are 2 tweens after each other,

anyone knows how to make it work?

cheers

Matthy

It should be as simple as using the "repeat", "yoyo", and "repeatDelay" special properties:

var myTween:TweenMax = new TweenMax(emmer, 4, {glowFilter:{color:0x00A4FF, alpha:1, blurX:100, blurY:100, strength:10, quality:3}, repeat:1, yoyo:true, repeatDelay:5});

Or you could do two separate tweens if you prefer. But it seems cleaner to just use the one.

wow thanks for the help!

but can you plz also tell me how to do it in 2 tweens? its not applicable for this effect but you have more freedom if you could do it in separate tweens.

like the steps:

1. glow

2. change aplha

3. move it

4. remove glow.

especially then it would be cleaner.

Here's the cleanest way to do it - place the tweens into a TimelineLite so that you can control the entire sequence as a whole:

function buildAnimation():TimelineLite {
   var tl:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();
   tl.append( new TweenMax(emmer, 4, {glowFilter:{color:0x00A4FF, alpha:1, blurX:100, blurY:100, strength:10, quality:3}}) );
   tl.append( new TweenMax(emmer, 1, {alpha:0.5}) );
   tl.append( new TweenMax(emmer, 2, {x:100, y:300}) );
   tl.append( new TweenMax(emmer, 2, {glowFilter:{color:0x00A4FF, alpha:0, blurX:0, blurY:0, strength:0}}) );
   return tl;
}

Then you could control the entire sequence like this:

var animation:TimelineLite = buildAnimation();
animation.pause();
animation.currentProgress = 0.5; //skips to halfway through the animation
animation.reverse(); 
//...and so on...

If you're not familiar with TimelineLite, I would highly recommend watching the video at http://www.greensock.com/timeline-basics/. It can really change your entire animation workflow and open new opportunities.

You could accomplish the same sort of animation using delays in your tweens, but I really like wrapping them in a TimelineLite because not only is it easier to build progressively with append(), but it also gives you much more flexible control. Try it. You'll like it.