Search Community

Inconsistent behaviour with dynamically created multiple timelines

invideo test
Moderator Tag

Using ReScript, GSAP 3.5.1.

I'm creating multiple timelines dynamically to create nested timelines for animating elements on a canvas.

I'm seeing inconsistent behaviour when playing these timelines.

Issue: some timelines start at random times and with random duration

And is it possible for timelines to execute with incorrect start times/durations? Is there an upper limit to number of timelines that can be created?

Welcome to the forums, @invideo!

It's super difficult to troubleshoot blind - can you provide a minimal demo please? I'd be willing to bet there's some kind of logic issue in your code or you're creating conflicting animations that are trying to control the same property of the same object simultaneously. Totally guessing, though. 

2 hours ago, invideo said:

And is it possible for timelines to execute with incorrect start times/durations? Is there an upper limit to number of timelines that can be created?

I've been doing this for 12+ years and I can't remember any occasions like that, no. It's very doubtful but perhaps you stumbled across a bug that nobody else has in which case we'd want to patch it pronto. :)

I've had literally thousands of tweens happening at the same time and it performed great. As you probably know, we're performance nuts around here. So I really doubt that the problem here is you creating too many animations. Like...how many are you creating? Is it over 10,000? And even if you created an insane amount, it wouldn't cause things to randomly start and incorrect times or have incorrect durations. Again, a minimal demo is really necessary if you want any more help. We'd love to pitch in and if there's a bug in GSAP, we'll definitely pounce on it. 

• Like 2