Search Community

Why does my page auto scroll when it's refocus? Help!

Janelle test
Moderator Tag

So, I have a webpage a vendor designed for us using your awesome gsap, but something odd happens if I view a different tab, then view the tab with the webpage, the webpage does this crazy auto scroll up.  It is always random which section it'll scroll up too.  I hope that makes sense.  I'm not sure how else to explain it.  What would cause this and how can I stop it?  On page load the page should always start at the top, but when moving between tabs should not trigger any events.  I'm attaching my js file.  I sure hope it is a simple fix.

Thanks,

Janelle

main31.js

Hey Janelle and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

This seems like something that you should ask your vendor about given they completed the work for you...

Unfortunately we don't have the capacity to go through hundreds of lines of code to figure out which parts are relevant to the issue and debug it from there. If you could try stripping out irrelevant parts of the code and share only the relevant parts related to the issue we're happy to take a look. This thread talks about how you can create a minimal demo:

Besides that, if you have any specific questions about GSAP we're happy to help!

Happy tweening. 

• 6 months later...

Hey @Dinesh Wagh and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Unfortunately we don't have the capacity to debug entire live websites for anyone who posts here for free. If you create a minimal demo of the situation hopefully using a site like CodePen and make a new thread about your issue we'll do our best to help.

Side note: you're making one of the most common GSAP mistakes in using the old syntax a good bit. It's easy to upgrade to the new syntax!