Search Community

GSAP with ScrollMagic - last scenes expanding below footer

Chris_Melich test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone!

Setting up my first GSAP animation with Scrollmagic and - wanted to achieve a parallax effect. It works like I expected, but I got an unexpected 'error'. The last 2 scenes are reaching out of the DOM and making a white space there. I just cant figure out, how to stop it after the last picture, so it wont go over the footer.

image.thumb.png.3cb4cc670004cc910027a2b7c0a0d7bc.png

Thanks for any tips!

See the Pen NWGJXqW by h0nst3r (@h0nst3r) on CodePen

Hi @Chris_Melich :)

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not seeing anything in your pen as none of the images are loading. Just FYI though - ScrollMagic is not a GreenSock product and is not supported in this forum. In fact, GreenSock is developing a brand new plugin which will offer all the functionality of ScrollMagic and much more. It will hopefully be released in the next few weeks. 

If you have GSAP related questions, we're happy to help.

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 1

Hey @PointC

thank you for you welcome!

I feel stupid, I just had to remove the indicators - they were causing the white spaces, I was starring at that for half an hour and couldnt figure out what was wrong.

Oh thats amazing, not doing much with ScrollMagic but stumbled upon some problems, mainly on mobile, so looking forward to your new plugin!

Have a nice day.

Yeah, definitely hang on if you can. I used to work with ScrollMagic and answer a few questions about it here, but after using the new plugin, I just can't do it any longer. The GS plugin is intuitive and a joy to use. SM just feels clunky to me now. It's like a Ferrari vs a 1976 Chevette. 

Happy tweening.

:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1