Search Community

SplitText + ScrollMagic help please

RobbieC test
Moderator Tag

So I have posted this question on a couple of different forums with no luck, so I'm going to ask it here. Scrollmagic doesn't have a support forum like you guys do.

Anyway my issue is that my GSAP splittext is playing on load and not by the scrollmagic trigger that is set. I have tried a few different things with no luck and what has me confused is that I have other scrollmagic scenes with GSAP that work just fine.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

See the Pen WNQXZEP by robbiecren07 (@robbiecren07) on CodePen

First, you need to load the script which allows ScrollMagic to hijack the tweens.

https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/ScrollMagic/2.0.7/plugins/animation.gsap.js

Second, you were adding the SplitText object to the .setTween() method. You need to add each of those individual tweens in your jQuery loop to a timeline and add that to the setTween.

See the Pen abvVVrR by PointC (@PointC) on CodePen

Happy tweening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@PointC Man your awesome! Sorry about the Scrollmagic script, I had it on my localhost just forgot to put it in the pen. I don't think I ever would have figure out the JS part, thank you for that. I'm still learning JS in my free time.

• Like 1

No problem. Learning JS is never complete. It's a journey for all of us. :)

BTW - this animation will be much easier once GreenSock releases the new scroll trigger plugin. I think you'll really like it. 

Happy tweening.

• Like 2

That’s the truth! I learn one thing and something new and better comes out!

and that’s the best news I’ve heard all week! That will be awesome! Don’t get me wrong I like scrollmagic but I only use it for trigger animationa and pins.

Is there anything on the site that talks about upcoming features and release dates?

24 minutes ago, RobbieC said:

Is there anything on the site that talks about upcoming features and release dates?

Sorry, no public info or feature list yet. No hard release date yet either. Still ironing out some bugs and adding features. 

I've been lucky enough to be part of the testing group and I can assure you it's intuitive and a joy to use.  It has all the SM functionality plus much more. It's also a smaller file size which is always good. It'll be worth the wait. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1