Search Community

onComplete issues with nested timelines

ansonlouis test
Moderator Tag

Maybe I'm overlooking something obvious, but I'm consistently seeing the master timeline's "onComplete" callback firing before the animation is complete. I'm using a toggle button to switch between a paused and play state. The reduced codepen example reproduces the case.

Reproduction Steps:

- Open the code pen link and have the browsers devtools open (console tab)

- Click the toggle button to start the animation.

- Click the toggle button again to pause the animation around 1 second or so into the whole animation.

- Wait a couple seconds in the paused state

- Click the toggle button again to resume the animation. You should see a console.log indicating the `onComplete` callback was called. The animation is clearly not over yet.

Expectation:

I would expect the onComplete to not fire until the child timeline is complete. I would expect the child timeline to not be considered complete until its two child tweens are complete. It doesn't seem like that is happening.

See the Pen 51ffac0b40778a4d519cb0b88f86df84 by ansonairoldi (@ansonairoldi) on CodePen

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the response. After using the supplied 3.1.2 beta, I'm seeing a lot more issues frankly (animations not smooth, callback still acting weird). I've reverted to 3.0.5 and I'm seeing the original issue no longer happening and everything seems to be working.

1 hour ago, ansonlouis said:

Thanks for the response. After using the supplied 3.1.2 beta, I'm seeing a lot more issues frankly (animations not smooth, callback still acting weird). I've reverted to 3.0.5 and I'm seeing the original issue no longer happening and everything seems to be working.

Ummm...we've tested your demo on several computers and it works perfectly with the latest beta - are we missing something? I wonder if maybe you had an old/cached version of that beta file that wasn't working for you? Can you please provide more details about how to reproduce the problem? Maybe clear your cache and refresh and confirm that it's not working for you?