Search Community

Best GSAP (YouTube, Blog etc..)

JasonD test
Moderator Tag

Hey Jason, welcome to the forums.

40 minutes ago, BrownsFanForLife said:

what the BEST sites are for learning and keeping up with GSAP are? 

Uhh, this one? Haha. We post new content about GSAP regularly. 

Our getting started article is a great place to start.

There's a bunch of other stuff in our learning section.

We also recommend the GSAP 3 Express course by @Carl.

There are other articles including one from Sarah Drasner that you can check out. We don't recommend paying for any course that uses GSAP 2. They're still valid but outdated now.

• Like 2

Thanks for the plug, @ZachSaucier!

Hi @BrownsFanForLife 

Definitely check out the link Zach provided as you get nearly 5 hours of videos, loads of demos, and I add new stuff pretty much weekly.

My focus is mostly on getting people with 0 GSAP experience to what I call "competent intermediates". 

If you want to go the free route I have a youtube channel where I also post free videos and my twitter feed is mostly dedicated to GSAP3, generative art, animate cc, and other front-endy stuff. 

This forum is probably the single best free resource to get exposed to things you never  knew GSAP could do. There is a wealth of knowledge hidden in these pages.  I recommend you just read a few threads every day. Your brain will start to pick up on things that will save you hours of time down the road. You may not understand them now, but you'll know where and how to find them when you need them.

• Like 2

Thanks, these are good places to start, though I'm not a total beginner. I just hadn't "needed" it in a long time . ( I was a former flash developer in the old days and recently found my way back.  It's been totally fun to get back.  I've watched the Drasner Front End Masters course, but looking to find where the community hangs out.  Is there a discord channel?

Zach's channel looks like it's recently transitioned from Animate CC to GSAP. I'm curious as to why I don't see an explosion in GSAP/React courses, or channels.  Seems like the marriage is good.   I LOVE GSAP. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BrownsFanForLife said:

Is there a discord channel?

No, we don't really have a chat channel. We just hang around in these forums :) We'd love to have you hang around as well!

The closest thing is being a part of the Animation at Work Slack - there's a channel for GSAP where some people ask questions. DM me your email if you'd like an invite to that.

54 minutes ago, BrownsFanForLife said:

Zach's channel looks like it's recently transitioned from Animate CC to GSAP.

I assume you mean Carl's channel?

55 minutes ago, BrownsFanForLife said:

I LOVE GSAP.

So glad to hear it! We do too ;) 

2 hours ago, BrownsFanForLife said:

I was a former flash developer in the old days and recently found my way back.  It's been totally fun to get back.

Welcome to a fellow ex-Flash guy! I love hearing from users of GreenSock tools in the Flash days. 🙌

2 hours ago, BrownsFanForLife said:

I LOVE GSAP. 

If you liked it back in the Flash days, you'll love it now. It has certainly evolved. Hopefully you'll find the syntax even simpler and more powerful now. There are a bunch of utility methods bundled in now too. 

If you want to get up to speed fast, there's probably nothing better than @Carl's video course at this point (aside from our own articles/docs). I'd echo his sentiments about these forums as well. Hopefully we'll see you around the virtual neighborhood. 

Happy tweening!

• Like 1