Search Community

Resolving Jitteryness

Simon@Tiger test
Moderator Tag

Hey GreenSockers,

I'm working on making a 3D product rotation for our website and I'm having trouble determining why it seems to be that when using it, it appears very jittery... I'm sure there's a fix for this, and a quick one at that but I'm appealing for any help.

The issues:

The first issue is the frame rate only gets reduced heavily when my timeline is reversed and is okay when moving forwards...

The second issue is; I'm having trouble with a mask on the pulse, not sure if the greensock plugin is the issue, or if I'm overlooking something, but my mind is melting...

You can see what I'm trying to do by clicking here.

And you can download my fla here.

All input is greatly appreciated :)

Simon

The reason it's appearing jittery is because flv video uses an interframe codec

in which frames are described based on the differences from keyframes.

This make the CPU work extra hard to play in reverse which is making it jitter, and doesn't

have anything to do with TweenMax. My advise would be try using a

sequence of images instead, or increasing the amount of keyframes in

the video. Hope that Helps.

Actually I've downloaded the latest version of TweenMax and have the same problem with very basic animations.

Also I get warnings about some Boolean values automatic coercion inside the TweenMax class , when published in strict mode.

Maybe something is wrong with the latest version?

It would be SUPER helpful if you could provide details and a sample FLA that demonstrates the issue(s). I compile in strict mode and get no such errors/warnings, nor have I heard any reports of them either, but I'd sure like to fix anything that needs fixing.

As for jittering tweens, the consistent feedback I've heard from users has been that v11 has performed better than any previous version and has been far smoother than the other engines that the users have tried (sometimes literally 10 times better performance than their previous engine), so I'm a little confused by the assertion that tweens are "jittery". I wonder if there may be something else going on in your code?