Search Community

Scroll Magic animation scroll issue mobile

kmytor test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

@kmytor,

The biggest issue with your CodePen example is that you are setting the position property to fixed

var AnimaWeb = new TimelineMax().add([
    TweenMax.to(".ass picture", 1, {
      top: "+=50%",
       position: fixed,
      delay: 0
    }),

In that way, the script is looking for the value of a variable fixed, not setting the value to 'fixed'

var AnimaWeb = new TimelineMax().add([
    TweenMax.to(".ass picture", 1, {
      top: "+=50%",
       position: 'fixed',
      delay: 0
    }),

Here is an updated codepen with that corrected along with chaining the Tweens and using a few set() methods.

See the Pen GeRKpe by sgorneau (@sgorneau) on CodePen

Also ... if you have further questions about this please start a new thread so as to not deter from @niallmckenna's questions.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, kmytor said:

but I do not understand why it was done with this action AnimaWeb.set (". ass picture", {position: 'fixed'}); ???

Hi @kmytor,

Using set() is quite different than to() or from() in that set() changes property values instantly (no tween). For example,

See the Pen xBxbwV by sgorneau (@sgorneau) on CodePen

In the above CodePen, the circle is tweened from x:0 to x:300 over 3 seconds and then immediately jumps to x:150 and then tweens from y:0 to y:100 for 2 seconds.

The reason I used set() for the position property is that all position values are non-numerical values ('static', 'relative', 'absolute', 'fixed', 'sticky', 'initial', 'inheret'). Tweens will not happen for those values ... it will just jump to them. So, for the sake of keeping things clear, I like to use a set() where anything will jump to a value immediately.

Note that when I say position can't be tweened, I mean the 'position' CSS property specifically. An element's position (i.e. placement) on the page can certainly be tweened with x, y, top, left, etc.

Hope this helps!

• Like 3