Search Community

CSSRulePlugin

Gpac65 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Having issues with CSSRulePlugin , noticed that on specifically on safari { Version 12.0.3 (14606.4.5) }, was unable to target Pseudo elements on div elements. It returns null object. However if I target a paragraph element it works.

Then checked and noticed your own demo does not work on safari (https://greensock.com/CSSRulePlugin

Is this known issue ?

Very interesting. It looks like Safari isn't allowing the rule to update its cssText property. 

I think I figured out a different way to update things that appears to work in Safari as well. See the attached file - does that work better for you? 

Also, I'd recommend being very careful about animating pseudo elements because browsers are notoriously slow with those (unrelated to GSAP), and you can't access them via JavaScript so it can get pretty awkward. 

Happy tweening! (and thanks for being a Club GreenSock member)

CSSRulePlugin.zip

• Like 2