Search Community

Yoyo no go(go)... [SOLVED]

ollywood test
Moderator Tag

Hello there,

I'm moving some playing cards around a top-down view of a table.

I had a tween set to run on the clicking of a card through frame script - two tweens, in fact - one regular (move card to new X & Y coords) and one with a yoyo(scale up, change DSF to give effect of height off the table). This all worked fine.

Now I'm putting the same Tweens into a class, so I can just call myCard.throwCard(x,y,etc). The tween calls haven't really changed, but the Yoyo effect in the second tween doesn't work, it just stops at the target values.

package {

import flash.events.*;
import flash.display.Sprite;
import flash.filters.DropShadowFilter;

import com.greensock.TweenMax;
import com.greensock.easing.*;

public class card2D extends Sprite {

private var startScale:Number = 1.1;
	private var zoomScale:Number = 1.2;
	private var myDropShadow:DropShadowFilter = new DropShadowFilter(1,80,0x000000,1,3,3,0.7);

public function card2D():void {
		super();
		this.scaleX=startScale;
		this.scaleY=startScale;
		this.mouseChildren=false;
		this.filters = new Array(myDropShadow);
	}

public function throwCard(target_x:Number, target_y:Number, target_rot:Number, tween_time:Number):void {

var thisCard = this;
		var targetX = target_x;
		var targetY = target_y;
		var targetRot = target_rot;
		var tweenTime = tween_time;

TweenMax.to (thisCard, tweenTime, {x:targetX, y:targetY, rotation:targetRot, ease:Cubic.easeOut});
		TweenMax.to (thisCard, (tweenTime/2), {scaleX:zoomScale, scaleY:zoomScale, dropShadowFilter:{color:0x000000, alpha:1, blurX:12, blurY:12, strength:0.7, angle:80, distance:6}, yoyo:true});

}

}

}

There must obviously be something wrong with TweenMax, because I am an AS3 genius and I never make mistakes. (...ahem...!)

...I mean, of course, any help greatly appreciated. Thanks (oh, and awesome work, Jack).

Olly

EDIT: I've just rolled back to an old version of TweenMax (was using 11.12, rolled back to 10.12), and now it works. Pretty sure I was using v11 at some point with it working, altho which subversion I'm not sure. Any ideas?

EDIT 2: Despite my weak attempt at sarcastic humour in the above post, I think this actully might be a TweenMax issue after all ( I did update around the time I was converting my code to a class)... And I promise to stop adding 'edits' to my post (sorry!)

...er, so after mentioning it to someone who knows a lot more about ActionScript than me (which is obviously a helluva lot, because remember I am an AS3 genius...), he's pointed out that the new v11 use of Yoyo requires Repeat to also be defined... so it's working now. And, yes, it's true, I'm a complete boob. Who doesn't read the docs properly.

Hope this helps others, and thanks again to Mr Greensock and his Fantabulous Tweening Machine...

Ha ha. No worries. I guarantee you're not the first person to miss that. Sorry about any confusion the switch caused, but I think the new way is more intuitive overall. And for anyone else wanting to know about other changes made in v11, check out http://blog.greensock.com/v11/. The VAST majority of things work exactly the same way they always did, but there are a few minor "gotchas" to watch out for, but they're ultimately improvements (trust me) :)

Thanks for letting us know you figured it out. Happy tweening.